Speech Outline: Welcome Remarks by Mr. Phung Duong,
Vice Director of International Cooperation Department, VNAT
Sunway Hotel, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Welcoming the distinguished guests.
- Welcome to the workshop on promotion of craft village-based tourism along the west-east corridor.
- In Vietnam, handicraft means a lot, since the number of handicraft village is large though the size is small.
- Handicraft industry has increased labor capacity and contributed the development in Vietnam.
- Handicraft development will be applicable to other country in the region as well.
- It also satisfies the products demand from the customers.
- Tourism development also brings the village the development of infrastructure, including good road in the village and schools.
- Handicraft industry should be encouraged because it creates the opportunity of local labors.
- Vietnam has had a pressure of un-controlled immigration.
- We are now promoting the tourism in Vietnam
- The project will create a lot of attractions to tourism and brought a new role to Vietnam
- This is a pilot project implemented in Vietnam through the west-corridor -include the Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia.
- The purpose of the project is a collection of necessary information along the survey.
- Feasibility Study team chose Phu Vinh and Nin Bin for the case study to collect data.
- We would like to request Asia SEED to complete a good report to submit to the sponsors and other donors.
- We would like to express the appreciation for Asia SEED and other Feasibility Study team to coordinate the workshop
- We would like to appreciate the villagers to provide the useful information for the research.